Welcome to Kettlebility! Our studio’s hard working, safe, and happily productive environment is a place we can ALL enjoy the pursuit of healthy movement, fitness and the skill of strength, and maintaining this environment is a key component in our training philosophy. Kettlebility’s guidelines for success are as follows:
Classes and Training Sessions
- See a new student? Introduce yourself and help them enjoy their first experience at our studio!
- Always be aware of your surroundings. Kettlebells are often likened to a cannonball with a handle, and as such, are not very pleasant to trip over. Be aware of what is going on around you when training – safety first!
- Never train with pain. ANY discomfort that you feel is an action signal – your body is telling you that something needs to change. Most often it is a form error. Notify you instructor immediately as we can help you. Do not push through it – there is NO gain with pain…!
- Arrive on time for your scheduled classes, or training sessions. We understand that unforeseen circumstances can arise from time to time. If this is the case, please try to minimize the disruption to the class as you join. If you are someone who prefers to warm-up on your own before training, please plan your time accordingly.
- Know your limits! Make every repetition your best one. Our set and rep protocols are a best practice only, so if you need to lower your rep count or lighten your load to get a good set, then THAT is what we WANT you to do. Push yourself hard, but not over the edge. Training this way will make you stronger and more resilient faster than you can imagine!
- If you have registered for one of our Kettlebility classes and cannot attend, please cancel online as early as possible so the spot is available for another student (we have a limited number of possible registrants per class). Early cancellation is also benefits you, as you will avoid a late cancellation fee.
- During demonstrations or instruction, listen and be attentive. Not only is this important to foster a safe learning environment for all of our students, we want everyone to be able to hear the instructor and experience our classes to the fullest.
- At the end of class, please put your bells and other training apparatus away, tidy your work area, and wash your any cups you may have used.
- We all enjoy a positive environment – training is fun! Leave your frustrations and distractions outside the door, and come in with a positive can-do attitude – you won’t be disappointed!
- We are all working hard together, and in close quarters, and/or as partners at times, so being considerate of your fellow students and instructors, maintaining high standards of personal hygiene is VERY important (i.e. clean clothing, deodorant, non-stinky body and feet, etc.,) – and no, we are not joking about this J let’s train HARD!!! Additionally, please do not wear excessive perfume or cologne, as some of our students are VERY sensitive to odors.
- We have one shower and two bathrooms available to share amongst the entire studio of trainers and students, so let’s be courteous. Help us keep them tidy and refrain from excessively long showers.
- If you are sick, please do not attend class! Not only will your training suffer, but no one wants to catch your cold either. Stay home and get well faster so we can train with you again!
- Please remove street shoes upon arrival, the majority of our work is done without shoes and as such we work hard to keep the floors as clean as possible.